If you live in Philippines, there are two major network providers that provides wireless prepaid internet using HUAWEI USB MODEM. This trick was tested and can give you free internet usage on both Globe and Smart, however, it should also work on other network seamlessly. The are two pre-requisites before you can avail a free internet, first you must have at least 1 peso load on your prepaid account, and secondly you need a tunnel software like Freegate. Here is a short step-by-step procedure.
1. Download the Freegate Software.
2. Insert the USB Modem on your computer and then Run the software for the inserted modem. (For Globe, Use Globe Broadband and For Smart, Use Smart Bro Prepaid).
3. Connect to the internet by clicking the "Connect" button.
4. If already connected, Run the FreeGate software you downloaded earlier. It should automatically retrieve for available gateway servers as shown below.
5. FreeGate will automatically configure the proxy setting of IE. For other browsers such as Firefox, configure it manually by using the proxy server and port from the Status tab on the FreeGate software as shown below.
There you have it! Enjoy your free wireless internet!
For More Cool Windows Tips & Tricks, subscribe now.